Warm, comforting and hearty, this tuna and potato bake recipe is so easy to make with packaged scalloped potatoes and canned tuna. You can also swap the canned tuna for salmon.
- 1 package (about 5 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 cans (approx. 7 ounces each) tuna (drained and flaked)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Optional: dash ground paprika
- Prepare scalloped potatoes for baking, following package directions, adding onions. Arrange in a 2-quart casserole and bake at the temperature indicated on the package for 20 to 25 minutes, or until hot and potatoes are just tender.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Gradually stir in milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth. Fold in drained tuna.
- Pour tuna sauce mixture over the potatoes. Combine mayonnaise, cheese, hot sauce, and mustard; spread over tuna layer.
- Return the casserole to the oven. Bake, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes longer, until hot and bubbly. If desired, sprinkle with paprika before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||33 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|