Who doesn’t love pancakes in the morning? These delicious vanilla pancakes are thick and make great belly-warmers for the colder days of the year. Kids and adults alike will enjoy these pancakes before school or work.
The pancake batter is very easy to mix up and it requires ingredients that you probably already have in the kitchen. The secret to making great vanilla pancakes is a simple addition of vanilla extract.
This recipe makes around 18 average-sized pancakes and you can make them as small or large as your family prefers. They also freeze well so you can spend a single morning making pancakes and the family can heat them up for breakfast throughout the week.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk (cold or room temperature)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, add the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and vanilla.
- Mix by hand or with an electric mixer.
- Drop batter by the 1/4 cup onto a hot, greased skillet or griddle.
- Cook until bubbles form on the top side, then flip the pancake over and brown the other side.
- Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.
Too many pancakes? These pancakes can be frozen for a quick morning breakfast. Simply allow the pancakes to cool completely and place them in a freezer bag, separating each pancake with a piece of wax paper.
They can remain frozen for up to 6 weeks.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
Pancakes are the perfect breakfast food and there are many fun recipes to explore. Check out these fun and interesting pancakes along with a couple more vanilla-induced breakfast favorites.
- Carrot Cake Pancakes - For a truly unique pancake experience, try this recipe. The cakes really do taste like carrot cake, complete with carrots, raisins, and cinnamon.
- Cranberry Orange Pancakes - A breakfast-worthy pancake or the foundation for a yummy fruit compote, this recipe features orange juice and dried or fresh cranberries.
- Sweet Potato Pancakes - If you haven't tried sweet potato pancakes yet, you are missing out on a hidden gem. It's a perfect way to use up leftover sweet potatoes and the nutmeg turns them into a pure pleasure come autumn.
- Traditional English Pancakes - These cakes are thin and crisp, very much like a crepe. They are no less delicious and if you're up for trying a pancake that's just a little bit different, it's a fun recipe.
- Vanilla French Toast - Bring that hint of vanilla into another favorite breakfast meal and enjoy this delicious French toast recipe.
- Vanilla Muffins - For a quick breakfast on the go, try these vanilla muffins. The recipe is easy and you can add your favorite marmalade or jelly spread.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|