Who says you don't have time for a hot breakfast in the morning? With 193 calories per serving, this is a healthy and low-calorie way to get some hot grains into your breakfast and fast. This low-calorie vegetarian couscous recipe is also fat-free when made with fat-free milk. To make it truly vegan, agave nectar instead of the honey. Recipe courtesy the Wheat Foods Council.
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup raisins, soaked in water and drained
- Honey, to taste (or use agave nectar)
- Add couscous to hot milk and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in raisins and honey or agave nectar to taste.
- Add in some fresh sliced fruit, if you'd like, or add a small handful of nuts for crunch and protein.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|