If you've got a food processor, this sugar-free vegan macaroon recipe takes just a few minutes to make, since it only has three ingredients. And, none of those ingredients contain eggs, dairy, gluten or refined sugar, making these cookies vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and, just a little bit magical.
- 8 medium dates
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cups coconut (flakes)
- Remove the pits from dates.
- Place ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Depending on the size of the dates and the ripeness of the bananas, you may need to add more or less coconut to get the right consistency. Mixture should be moist, but not gooey.
- Bake at 325 degrees 10-15 minutes, until done. Cookies will be soft, but should cook enough to have a golden brown bottom and hold together well.
Note: Dates do contain a fair amount of natural sugar, but this recipe contains no refined or white sugar. Also, to be truly sugar-free, make sure the coconut flakes you are using do not have any added sugar. You may need to shop for sugar-free coconut flakes at a natural foods store.
See also: More vegan dessert recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|