Can you make vegan pancakes? Yes, absolutely! It's true, you can make perfectly good vegan pancakes without eggs or milk! This vegan pancake recipe uses soy milk (or any other vegan milk substitute you prefer will also work) as a substitute and the result is perfect light and fluffy pancakes.
Some people love the flavor of pancakes cooked in vegan margarine or a vegan butter substitute instead of oil, so experiment and see if you prefer melting some margarine in a pan instead of cooking your pancakes in oil. Our favorite vegan butter substitute? Earth Balance, by a long shot. Coconut oil also smells delicious when you're cooking up a batch of homemade vegan pancakes.
If you want something beyond the basic vegan pancakes, you might also want to try this recipe for vegan blueberry pancakes or a sweet vegan pancake recipe with strawberries. If you're in the mood to try something different, here's a great recipe for vegan apple pecan pancakes.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soy milk (or any other vegan milk substitute)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Mix in the soy milk and oil and beat together until batter is smooth.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter at a time onto a hot oiled griddle, or a well greased frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, approximately 3 minutes, flip, and cook the other side for another 2 minutes.
One pancake provides approximately:
- Calories: 149, Calories from Fat: 50
- Total Fat: 5.6g, 9% Saturated Fat: 1.0g, 5%
- Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%
- Sodium: 58mg, 2%
- Total Carbohydrates: 22.2g, 7%
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2g, 5%
- Sugars: 2.4g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 22%, Iron 9%, based on a 2000 calorie diet
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|