Whip up a quick and easy vegan coconut-based satay sauce for grilled tofu, and have all the vegetarians and vegans at your outdoor barbecue thanking you. This is an easy recipe, inspired by Indonesian and Thai satay recipes, for a simply grilled tofu satay in a coconut, curry paste, and peanut butter satay sauce. It's vegetarian, vegan, and absolutely finger-licking delicious.
- 1 block tofu, frozen, thawed and pressed
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp vegetarian red curry paste
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Prepare your tofu.
- Slice tofu into cubes for skewering or grilling
- Whisk together the coconut milk, peanut butter, curry paste and hoisin sauce over low heat.
- Marinate tofu in sauce for at least one hour; sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Grill tofu, basting gently with sauce. Tofu should take about 6-7 minutes on each side.
- Serve topped generously with extra satay curry sauce, or, serve the sauce on the side as a dip.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|