This is a Velveeta fudge recipe, but nobody will ever guess it's made with cheese. The processed Velveeta makes the fudge smooth and creamy, and you might have some fun asking people to guess the secret ingredient. They might not believe you!
The fudge mixture will be quite stiff. If you have a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment or dough hook. I made half of a recipe and used my stand mixer. I chilled the fudge in a loaf pan instead of the 8-inch or 9-inch pan.
- 1 cup/2 sticks butter (softened)
- 8 ounces pasteurized process cheese (like Kraft Velveeta)
- 2 pounds
- confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups pecans (or walnuts, coarsely chopped)
- Butter a 9-inch square pan.
- Cut the Velveeta cheese into small cubes.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter and cheese cubes. Cook, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth; remove from heat.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar and cocoa and whisk to blend (or sift them together). Add the sugar and cocoa mixture to cheese mixture, mixing well. Add the vanilla and nuts and blend well. The mixture will be stiff.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan; chill until firm and cut into squares.
- Butter the pan lightly and line it with a large sheet of plastic wrap or foil, leaving the ends long enough to lift the fudge out of the pan once it's slightly chilled. The plastic wrap can also help smooth the top of the fudge.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|