|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4-5|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These kebabs are marinated in classic Middle Eastern style spices. The use of yogurt in the marinade creates a thick sauce that sticks to meat and holds the seasonings in place.
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL vinegar
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL curry powder
- 2 teaspoon/10 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL ground cardamom
- Dash black pepper
- 1 onion (cut into 8 thin slices)
- 4 mint leaves (thinly sliced, or handful of chopped parsley)
Gather the ingredients.
Combine yogurt, salt, black pepper, turmeric, mustard, curry powder, cardamom, lemon juice and vinegar in a large glass or plastic bowl.
Place cubed chicken into bowl, toss to combine, cover with plastic wrap, and place into refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours.
Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
Remove chicken pieces and thread onto skewers alternating with chopped onion, about 5 pieces of chicken per skewer.
Place kebabs on grill and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally, until done (internal temperature of 165 F).
Remove from heat and serve. Traditionally garnished with tomato slices, green pepper rings, mint or parsley.