|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4-5|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These kebabs are marinated in classic Middle Eastern style spices. The use of yogurt in the marinade creates a thick sauce that sticks to meat and holds the seasonings in place.
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL vinegar
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL curry powder
- 2 teaspoon/10 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL ground cardamom
- Dash black pepper
- 1 onion (cut into 8 thin slices)
- 4 mint leaves (thinly sliced, or handful of chopped parsley)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine yogurt, salt, black pepper, turmeric, mustard, curry powder, cardamom, lemon juice and vinegar in a large glass or plastic bowl. Place cubed chicken into bowl, toss to combine, cover with plastic wrap, and place into refrigerator for 1-4 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Remove chicken pieces and thread onto skewers alternating with chopped onion, about 5 pieces of chicken per skewer. Place kebabs on grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until done (internal temperature of 165 degrees F). Remove from heat and serve. Traditionally garnished with tomato slices, green pepper rings, mint or parsley.