These kebabs are marinated in classic Middle Eastern style spices. The use of yogurt in the marinade creates a thick sauce that sticks to meat and holds the seasonings in place.
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL vinegar
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL curry powder
- 2 teaspoon/10 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL ground cardamom
- Dash black pepper
- 1 onion (cut into 8 thin slices)
- 4 mint leaves (thinly sliced, or handful of chopped parsley)
Combine yogurt, salt, black pepper, turmeric, mustard, curry powder, cardamom, lemon juice and vinegar in a large glass or plastic bowl. Place cubed chicken into bowl, toss to combine, cover with plastic wrap, and place into refrigerator for 1-4 hours.
Preheat grill for medium high heat. Remove chicken pieces and thread onto skewers alternating with chopped onion, about 5 pieces of chicken per skewer.
Place kebabs on grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until done (internal temperature of 165 degrees F). Remove from heat and serve. Traditionally garnished with tomato slices, green pepper rings, mint or parsley.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|