The challenge in making BBQ chicken is preventing the outside of the chicken from burning before the inside is cooked through. This is traditionally solved by painting the barbecue sauce on the chicken at the end of cooking. But this recipe uses a different method: an electric skillet. The result is a tender, tasty BBQ chicken through and through.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 pounds chicken pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 16 ounces barbecue sauce
- 16 ounces orange soda
- Preheat an electric skillet (compare prices) to 275 degrees F. Add oil.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. When oil is hot, add chicken to the skillet. Brown for 2 minutes on the first side. Flip.
- Add the barbecue sauce and orange soda.
- Cook, basting occasionally, 35-40 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|