- Former pastry chef, food writer, and recipe developer
- Completed a professional program at the Epicurean School of Culinary Arts in Los Angeles
- Author of a candy cookbook "The Sweet Book of Candy Making"
- Writer for Better Homes and Garden, OhNuts.com, and Velata
- Has an award-winning dessert blog called SugarHero
Elizabeth LaBau is a former writer for Spruce Eats where she published nearly 600 articles over the course of more than 10 years. Her culinary career started at Epicurean School of Culinary Arts in Los Angeles, where she completed the Professional Baking and Pastry program. After working for years as a pastry chef in various bakeries and restaurants, Elizabeth transitioned to food writing and candy recipe development. She now works full-time developing recipes, photographing food, and eating way too much sugar on a regular basis. Her work has been published on Better Homes & Gardens, OhNuts.com, Velata, and many more.
Elizabeth also has an award-winning dessert blog, SugarHero, where she posts all of her non-candy creations.
Elizabeth attended the Epicurean School of Culinary Arts in Los Angeles, where she completed the Professional Baking and Pastry program.
Publications and Awards
- "The Sweet Book of Candy Making" (Quarry Books, 2012)
- "The Sweet Little Book of Candy Making" (Quarry Books, 2014)
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.