Elizabeth LaBau is a professional pastry chef, cookbook author, instructor, and writer who loves to share her passion for sweets.
- Former pastry chef, food writer, and recipe developer
- Completed a professional program at the Epicurean School of Culinary Arts in Los Angeles
- Author of a candy cookbook, "The Sweet Book of Candy Making"
- Writer for Better Homes & Gardens, OhNuts.com, and Velata
- Has an award-winning dessert blog called SugarHero
Elizabeth LaBau wrote for The Spruce Eats where she published nearly 600 articles over the course of more than 10 years. Her culinary career started at Epicurean School of Culinary Arts in Los Angeles, where she completed the Professional Baking and Pastry program. After working for years as a pastry chef in various bakeries and restaurants, Elizabeth transitioned to food writing and candy recipe development. She now works full time developing recipes, photographing food, and eating way too much sugar on a regular basis. Her work has been published in Better Homes & Gardens and on OhNuts.com, Velata, and many more.
Elizabeth has an award-winning dessert blog, SugarHero, where she posts all of her non-candy creations, tutorials, and more. She is also an on-camera instructor with two instructional courses through Bluprint (part of NBC Universal).
Elizabeth attended the Epicurean School of Culinary Arts in Los Angeles, where she completed the Professional Baking and Pastry program.
Awards and Publications
- "The Sweet Book of Candy Making" (Quarry Books, 2012)
- "The Sweet Little Book of Candy Making" (Quarry Books, 2014)
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.