Emily is a food and lifestyle writer. Her writing, recipes, food styling and photography have appeared in Bon Appétit, Food & Wine, Apartment Therapy, and more.
- Emily has written for The Spruce Eats since July 2020.
- Her work has appeared in Bon Appetit, Food & Wine, Epicurious, Food 52, Hunker, Lifehacker, The Cut, and many other publications.
- Emily has a bachelor of liberal arts degree from The New School.
In the fifth grade, Emily won the D.A.R.E. essay contest. Since then, her writing, recipes, and lifestyle photos have appeared in many publications you’ve actually heard of—including Bon Appétit, Lifehacker, Epicurious, DIY Network, Food 52, The Cut, The Kitchn, Food & Wine, Gourmet, BuzzFeed, Cool Hunting, Country Living, ELLE Decor, and Bust Magazine. Her kitchen has been featured on Apartment Therapy, the DIY Network, and Romper. Emily lives in Kansas City, MO, with her husband, two young sons, two rowdy dogs, and four backyard chickens. She’s currently campaigning for a shed she can convert to a studio. In her very (very!) limited spare time, Emily posts about cocktails and home decor on Instagram at @thatemilyfarris.
Emily has a Bachelor of Liberal Arts degree from The New School.
- How to Grill Eggs Like It's No Big Deal, Bon Appétit
- 6 Gifts You Shouldn't Give to Serious Cooks (And What They Want Instead), Epicurious
- Barbecue Roasted Chickpeas Recipe, Food&Wine
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.