This nicely seasoned layered casserole will quickly become a requested family meal. The savory layers of ground beef, tortillas, peppers, and cheese make it a whole meal in one dish.
Serve this delicious Tex-Mex casserole with a tossed salad or fresh salsa for a fabulous dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped chile peppers
- 6 flour tortillas
- 8 ounces grated Mexican blend cheese or cheddar jack
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large skillet cook ground beef and onion until beef is browned. Drain well.
- Stir the salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, olives, tomato sauce, and chile peppers into the meat mixture. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- In a greased 2 1/2-quart round casserole, alternate layers of lightly buttered tortillas, the meat mixture, and shredded cheese, ending with cheese sprinkled over top.
- Add water and cover with lid or foil. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with ripe olive slices, chopped green onions, and fresh chopped tomatoes.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||59 g|
|Saturated Fat||24 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||16 g|