This cheesecake recipe was shared by a woman named Sandy H. It's a basic and classic cheesecake with cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, and some lemon juice, and vanilla with a graham cracker crust.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs (separated)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons of sugar, 3 tablespoons of melted butter, and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, if using; press into bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 325° for 5 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and 1 cup of sugar until smooth. Beat in egg yolks to blend. Blend in sour cream, vanilla, and lemon.
- Beat whites until stiff not dry. Fold into the cream cheese mixture. Pour into prepared graham cracker crust-lined springform pan.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour. Turn the oven off but leave the cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour with door closed. Open oven door, and keep cake in 30 minutes longer.
- Remove and chill overnight.
Shared by Sandy H
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||40 g|
|Saturated Fat||21 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|