|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||19%|
|Total Carbohydrate 40g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||26%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Feel free to use cooked diced bacon in the dish or omit the ham for a vegetarian dish.
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguine
- 8 ounces ham (finely diced)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or butter
- 1 cup frozen petite green peas (thawed or lightly cooked)
- 3/4 cup basil leaves (packed, torn)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (fresh and shredded, plus more for serving)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Optional: 1/4 cup walnuts
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
Gather the ingredients.
Cook spaghetti or linguine in boiling salted water following package directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, lightly brown the ham in 2 teaspoons of olive oil or butter.
Meanwhile, for pesto, combine in a food processor the peas, basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and walnuts, if using.
Run the food processor, adding olive oil a little at a time, until the mixture is finely chopped.
Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
Toss the diced ham and pesto with the hot pasta.
Serve with more Parmesan cheese.