Erin Meister is a writer, interviewer, curious coffee professional, and people-loving introvert. In 2003 she moved to New York City to work as a journalist at Time Out NY and wound up getting a second job at Joe Coffee Company, which she loved so much she turned in her red pencil to focus full-time on coffee as a career.
- Erin is a coffee expert whose work has appeared on Serious Eats, The Washington Post, Rachael Ray Every Day, and more.
- Erin studied journalism at Northeastern University.
- She is the author of New York City Coffee: A Caffeinated History.
After Joe and TONY, she worked for more than six years for Counter Culture Coffee, based out of their Manhattan office, providing customer service and education to wholesale accounts as well as writing about coffee to any publication that would have her. She's contributed written work for The Boston Globe, The Washington Post, Rachael Ray Every Day, Saveur.com, Food & Wine's FWx.com, BUST magazine, Barista Magazine, Daily Coffee News, Fresh Cup Magazine, and the SCAA/SCA. She is the author of New York City Coffee: A Caffeinated History.
Erin studied journalism at Northeastern University.
- What Is the Difference Between Fair Trade, Organic, and Conventional Coffee? Chowhound
- The 4 Fundamentals of Latte Art, Serious Eats
- Which Milk Is Best for Coffee? Serious Eats
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.