|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This popular coleslaw is very versatile; add more or fewer seasonings to suit your taste. For best flavor, make the salad an hour or two before serving time and chill thoroughly.
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar, white wine, cider, or white
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 large head cabbage, finely shredded
In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, and oil. Add onion powder, celery salt, pepper, lemon juice, cream, and salt. Stir until smooth.
Put the shredded cabbage in a large bowl; pour the dressing over the cabbage and toss until cabbage is well coated.
Refrigerate until serving time.
For best flavor development, prepare the coleslaw hour or two before serving.