A simple apple juice marinade, garlic, and seasonings flavor this lean beef roast. Serve this roast with mashed potatoes and your favorite steamed vegetables for a delicious everyday meal or Sunday dinner.
Related Recipe: Pepper and Garlic Eye of Round Roast
- 1 eye of round roast, about 3 to 4 pounds
- 4 cloves garlic, each cut in 4 to 6 slivers
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash black pepper
- 1 cup apple juice or cider
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- With a paring knife, cut deep slits in the beef roast and bury a sliver of the garlic in each. Space them evenly over the roast.
- Combine the paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper; rub over the roast and place in a large food storage bag. Add the oil and apple juice. Seal the bag, refrigerate, and let marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Place the roast in a shallow pan and roast, uncovered, for about 25 minutes per pound, or to about 145 F on a meat thermometer for medium rare.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||33 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|