If you're a fan of fajitas, then this steak recipe is for you. These steaks are marinated in a wet rub and grilled to perfection. They can be served as is, or sliced and added to salads or placed in tortillas.
- 4 New York strip steaks, about 8 ounces (225 g)
- For the Marinade:
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cilantro (finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons lime juice (juice of two limes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) sea salt
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) dried oregano (Mexican oregano if you can find it)
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine marinade ingredients.
- Place steak into a resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over top.
- Gently massage mixture into steaks, making sure all surfaces are coated.
- Seal bag and place into the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Place steaks on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or to the desired doneness.
- Remove from heat, allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|