|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 1/2 cups (4 to 6 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 43g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Some of the best recipes are the ones that take everyday ingredients that you already have at home and with a few simple steps, transform them into something wonderful. This spiced apple juice recipe is just that. With just store-bought apple juice and a few other ingredients, you can quickly whip up a holiday-worthy beverage that the whole family can enjoy. To make this drink, all it takes is apple juice simmered with brown sugar, lemon and orange, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Gather the ingredients.
Combine everything in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer; continue cooking for 10 minutes.
Strain and serve in warm mugs.
Garnish with lemon slices and individual cinnamon sticks if you desire.
- Serve this hot spiced apple juice in mugs or heat-resistant glasses. To make it a drink worthy of a celebration, garnish each cup with a cinnamon stick along with the lemon and orange slices.
- If you are making a large batch for a party or family occasion, think about using your crock pot or slow cooker. Make the cider according to the recipe and then set your slow cooker on a warming setting and pour the cider into the crock pot. This will keep the beverage warm (without boiling) all night long.
- If you have any leftover cider, store it in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. You can enjoy the leftovers cold, straight out of the fridge, or reheat them in the microwave or on the stove.
- Another option is to add alcohol to the adult's drinks and make it into a warm cocktail like a hot toddy. This drink would pair well with bourbon or even brandy. Make sure you have a way to distinguish between the alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks (like a cinnamon stick only gets placed in one or the other).
- If you prefer a richer drink, use apple cider instead of the apple juice. Cider is usually available in autumn at grocery stores and farm stands but may be harder to find in other seasons.