|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 19g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
these family favorite crab cakes are flavored with green onions and seasonings. The reduced-fat mayonnaise and egg whites helps keep them light.
- 2 6-1/2 oz. cans lump crab meat (back fin; or 3/4 lb. fresh crab (about 2-1/2 cups))
- 2 tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Several drops hot pepper sauce
- 4 green onions (chopped)
- 2 Tbsps. dry mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper (or to taste)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- Gather the ingredients.
- Drain crab meat and flake with a fork, picking out any shell or cartilage.
- Put crabmeat in a bowl. Add the mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper, green onions, dry mustard, pepper and salt. Blend in the egg whites.
- Shape into 4 cakes about 4 inches across. Place cracker crumbs on a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll crab cakes in crumbs, making sure both sides are coated.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium heat. Spray with olive oil spray.
- Add crab cakes to the hot skillet and cook 5 minutes. Turn and cook 5 more minutes.