No browning, no fussing, just put the roast in the crock pot in the morning, add a few cans of soup and vegetables, and you have a delicious meal in 8 to 10 hours.
- 1 boneless pot roast, about 3 to 4 pounds
- 2 pounds small white potatoes (scrubbed*)
- 4 large carrots (cut in 3-inch sticks)
- 1 can of condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 can condensed beef broth
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water, optional)
Put the pot roast in a large slow cooker insert. Arrange the potatoes and carrots around the roast. Combine the soups and pour over the roast. Sprinkle the roast lightly with garlic powder and freshly ground black pepper.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
Gravy (optional): If you want a gravy, pour the liquids into a fat separator or skim fat off the top. Put about 2 to 3 cups of the skimmed liquids in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and simmer, stirring, until thickened.
- If you use larger red white potatoes, cut into 2- to 3-inch chunks.