|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Total Carbohydrate 33g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a moist, buttery banana bread loaded with banana flavor. The recipe makes two loaves of delicious, moist banana bread, and the ingredients can easily be scaled down for one loaf.
If you don't care for nuts or don't have them on hand, feel free to leave them out. Or use chopped walnuts, pistachios, or hazelnuts in the batter. The banana bread would be excellent with semisweet or mini chocolate chips or raisins as well.
"This Banana Nut Bread is incredibly straightforward, and I love that this recipe makes two—one for now, and one to freeze for later. It can also be customized with or without nuts, chocolate chips, or whatever you prefer." —Tracy Wilk
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups/18 ounces all-purpose flour
- 6 large bananas (very ripe, mashed)
- 1 cup pecans (finely chopped)
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease and flour two 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pans.
In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
In another bowl, combine the salt, baking soda, and flour; stir with a whisk or spoon to blend thoroughly.
Add the dry ingredients to creamed mixture; stir or beat on low speed just until blended.
Stir in the mashed bananas.
Then fold in the chopped pecans.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans.
Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
- To bring cold butter to room temperature quickly, shred it or slice it into small cubes. Let it stand at room temperature until softened.
- Substitute 1 cup of chopped walnuts, raisins, brickle chips, or chocolate chips for the chopped pecans.
- Replace 1 cup of the granulated sugar for packed brown sugar, light or dark.