|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
I use sweet bell pepper relish to add a little zing to this recipe, but feel free to use sweet pickle relish or a dill pickle relish. Either one will give the salad nice flavor.
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups cooked chicken (diced)
- 1/2 cup celery (diced)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped purple onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or more, to taste)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Dash pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sweet pepper relish (or to taste)
- Optional: dash Cajun or Creole seasoning blend
- Dash salt (or to taste)
- Sandwich rolls or sliced bread for 6 to 8 sandwiches
Combine chicken with celery, onion, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, lemon juice, pepper, relish, seasoning, and salt.
Add more mayonnaise, as needed.
Fill sandwich rolls or sliced bread with the mixture.