|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 31g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||54%|
|Total Carbohydrate 67g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||27%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Serve these meatballs in their well seasoned homemade tomato sauce over hot cooked spaghetti.
- For the Meatballs:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 slices bread (crumbled)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (smashed, minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For the Sauce and Pasta:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (smashed, minced)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large (28 to 36 ounces total) can Italian tomatoes (crushed)
- 2 (6 ounces each) cans tomato paste
- 16 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
Make the Meatballs
Gather the ingredients. Preheat oven to at 450 F.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs lightly; add milk and bread and let stand for about 5 minutes.
Add ground beef, onion, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper; mix gently until well blended.
Shape into about 24 meatballs, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
Place meatballs in a generously greased large shallow baking pan. Bake meatballs in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Make the Sauce and Pasta
Gather the ingredients.
In a Dutch oven, in hot oil over medium heat, sauté onion until tender and just begins to turn golden.
Add remaining sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more salt, if necessary. Add meatballs; cover and simmer 50 to 60 minutes longer, stirring from time to time.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
Serve spaghetti topped with meatballs in sauce; sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!