If you're looking for something a little different for your summer cookout, try this flavorful purple potato salad. The lime juice and mayonnaise dressing and the fresh chopped cilantro give this salad flavor, while celery and onions add crunch. Cool the cooked potatoes thoroughly for easier dicing.
Refrigerate the prepared salad for at least 2 hours for the best flavor.
- 2 pounds purple potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced purple onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Put the cut-up potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water and add 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain and set the pan aside to let potatoes cool completely. Leave cover on but ajar.
- Meanwhile, prepare the celery, onion, and garlic, and combine them in a large bowl.
- Cut the cooled potato chunks into 3/4- to 1-inch pieces. Toss the potatoes with the vegetables in the mixing bowl and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the freshly ground black pepper. Add the cilantro and parsley and toss lightly to blend.
- Combine 3/4 cup mayonnaise with the lime juice and stir to combine. Add the dressing to the potatoes and mix gently to coat the vegetables. Taste and add more mayonnaise and seasonings, as needed. For best flavor, make this potato salad and refrigerate for at least 2 to 4 hours before serving time.
Serves 4 to 6.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|