Sausage balls are popular in Southern cuisine and are a perfect appetizer for all sorts of festive occasions. These sausage balls are made with breakfast sausage, cheese, biscuit mix, and chopped green onions. Don't forget the mayo sides!
Related Recipe: Sausage Pinwheels
- 1 pound bulk pork breakfast sausage
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese (finely shredded)
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 cup green onion (finely minced)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (finely minced)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. This can be done by hand, with a heavy duty mixer, or in a large food processor.
- Shape into small balls and place on a baking sheet (with sides).
- Bake at 350 F for 12 to 15 minutes, until browned on bottoms.
- If desired, serve with Mustard-Mayo Dip.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|