|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 2 Large Loaves (20-24 Servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 30g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This spiced fig bread received many 5-star reviews with a few suggestions. One person said she would cut the sugar to 2 cups and would cut some of the figs in half rather than mash all of them. Another person added 1/4 cup of Jack Daniel's Whiskey for extra flavor.
- Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4). Grease and flour two 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pans (or three small loaf pans).
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the eggs. Add the sugar and beat well. With the mixer on low speed, add mashed figs and vegetable oil.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture to the first mixture alternating with the buttermilk. Beat until well blended.
- Fold in chopped pecans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
You Might Also Like