This fig cake is baked in a Bundt cake pan or tube cake pan.
From some older reviews, a person mentioned replacing the orange juice with a similar juice. Another person replaced some of the orange juice with a bit of brandy.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh figs (or dried)
- Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4).
- Generously grease and flour a Bundt pan or tube cake pan.
- Mix together flour, ground almonds, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat together sugar and oil until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- With the mixer on low speed, beat the flour mixture into the egg mixture a little at a time, alternating with orange juice.
- Stir in figs.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking pan; smooth top.
- Bake the cake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. One reviewer mentioned it took about an hour for her cake to test done.
- Cool fig cake in pan on a rack for about 5 minutes. Carefully remove from the pan to the rack to cool completely.
- You might want to glaze the cake with a caramel glaze or dust it with powdered sugar.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|