|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 48g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||28%|
|Total Sugars 36g|
|Vitamin C 26mg||129%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A uniquely divine cocktail, the figgy sparkler is a great choice for any special occasion. Mix this one up for the holidays, New Year's Eve, or take advantage of fig's aphrodisiac qualities if that is the way you'd like to celebrate Valentine's Day. No matter the celebration, you'll have fun with this Champagne cocktail!
The figgy sparkler mixes fresh cranberries, orange, and dried or fresh fig into a stunning cocktail. The recipe can be made with your favorite vodka or you can choose to infuse it with figs. Top it with Prosecco, or your favorite sparkling wine, and enjoy a toast with a refreshing, effervescent drink.
1 medium fresh or dried fig
2 orange slices, cut in half
9 fresh cranberries, divided
1 1/2 ounces vodka
4 ounces sparkling wine
Orange twist, for garnish
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker, muddle the fig, orange slices, and 6 cranberries with the vodka.
Add ice and shake well.
Strain into a Champagne flute and top with sparkling wine.
Garnish with 3 cranberries and an orange twist. Serve and enjoy.
- Cranberries are not a soft berry, so put some effort into your muddle to crack their hard shells. It's best to muddle this drink for a full minute to really mix up the fruit juices.
- Cranberries are an iconic fruit of autumn and typically found through December. If you'd like to make the figgy sparkler any other time of year, frozen cranberries are your best bet.
- It's easy to freeze your own cranberries as well. Simply flash freeze them on a baking sheet in a single layer, then place them in a freezer container of your choice. They'll be perfectly fine for a year, or until cranberry season comes around again.
- Figs are a sweet addition to drinks, though you won't find fresh figs year-round. When fresh figs are around, use them in this recipe. They are delicate and not easy to store, so be careful and use them up right away.
- At any other time of the year, you can use dried figs. They're readily available and retain a plump chewiness, along with that signature sweet flavor, which makes them easy to muddle into the drink. The figgy sparkler recipe was created with black mission figs, one of the most common varieties. However, any type of fig you find will work great.
A fun experiment, if you're up for a DIY cocktail ingredient, is to infuse figs into a bottle of vodka. The technique will work with fresh or dried figs. You can use the same method as the fig-infused bourbon in the Marriage of Figaro cocktail. The infusion should take about one week and you can use a single type of fig or a combination of varieties. When using your homemade infusion in the figgy sparkler, you can skip the muddled fig if you like.
How Strong Is a Figgy Sparkler?