A creamy peppercorn sauce with bourbon flavors these delicious beef tenderloin steaks.
This is an excellent dish to prepare for a Valentine's Day or an anniversary dinner.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (4 to 6 ounces each)
- Dash kosher salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons bourbon (or good quality brandy)
- 2 small cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon assorted multicolored peppercorns (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 cups hot cooked rice (or 2 baked potatoes)
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over high heat until hot. Sprinkle tenderloin steaks with kosher salt and pepper. Sear the steakson both sides in skillet. Remove from skillet, and place on a rack in a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until meat thermometer registers 125° for rare or 135° for medium rare (145° for medium).
Add bourbon to drippings in skillet; bring to a boil over medium heat, and deglaze pan, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
Add minced garlic, peppercorns, basil, oregano, and salt; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add whipping cream; bring to a boil.
Cook, stirring frequently, for 6 to 7 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half; remove from the heat. Whisk in sour cream.
Spoon the sauce over steaks.
Serve with hot cooked rice or baked potatoes.
Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||39 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|