A creamy peppercorn sauce with bourbon flavors these delicious beef tenderloin steaks.
This is an excellent dish to prepare for a Valentine's Day or an anniversary dinner.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (4 to 6 ounces each)
- Dash kosher salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons bourbon (or good quality brandy)
- 2 small cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon assorted multicolored peppercorns (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 cups hot cooked rice (or 2 baked potatoes)
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over high heat until hot. Sprinkle tenderloin steaks with kosher salt and pepper. Sear the steakson both sides in skillet.
- Remove from skillet, and place on a rack in a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until meat thermometer registers 125° for rare or 135° for medium rare (145° for medium).
- Add bourbon to drippings in skillet; bring to a boil over medium heat, and deglaze pan, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add minced garlic, peppercorns, basil, oregano, and salt; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add whipping cream; bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 6 to 7 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half; remove from the heat. Whisk in sour cream.
- Spoon the sauce over steaks.
- Serve with hot cooked rice or baked potatoes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|