This potato salad might look simple, but it isn't short on flavor. The salad is made with fingerling potatoes and chunks of cucumber and celery. Hard-boiled eggs and red onion are tossed into the mix, along with a tasty sour cream and mayonnaise dressing.
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (or more, as needed for moisture)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Put potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes, or just until potato chunks are fork tender. Drain and let cool.
- Chop the hard-boiled eggs and put them in a large serving bowl.
- Add the chopped red onion and celery to the eggs.
- Peel the cucumber and slice it in half lengthwise. Scrape the seeds out with a spoon and then dice the cucumber. Add the diced cucumber to the bowl with the vegetables and eggs.
- Add the cooled potatoes to the bowl and gently toss to combine ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the sour cream, 3/4 cup of mayonnaise, and the salt and pepper; stir to blend.
- Add the dressing mixture to the potato mixture and stir gently to blend. Add more mayonnaise, if needed.
- For addional color, add some shredded carrot or finely chopped red bell pepper to the salad.
- A tablespoon or two of sweet pickle relish can add tangy flavor.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|