I have to serve cheese crackers with this hearty chili. If you like your chili thicker, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch with about 1/4 cup water and blend well, then stir into the chili for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground pork sausage
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 3 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 (15 oz.) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Brown ground beef in large skillet and drain.
- Add to 3-4 quart crockpot along with remaining ingredients.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 7-9 hours until vegetables are tender.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||23 g|