This Asian-style rotisserie chicken recipe has a mildly tart and pungent flavor. This recipe goes really well served up with grilled vegetables.
- 1 whole chicken, about 4 to 5 pounds/1.8 to 2.3 kg
- 1/4 cup/60 mL fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup/60 mL fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup/60 mL soy sauce
- 1/4 cup/60 mL minced green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL ground black pepper
To prepare the marinade, mix all ingredients, excluding chicken, in a medium bowl. Wash and remove innards from chicken cavity and snip off wing tips. Pat chicken dry. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag and add marinade. Turn bag a few times to make sure chicken is coated. Place the plastic bag in a large blow and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours. Preheat grill on high heat and remove chicken from bag.
Discard the marinade. Tie the chicken legs with twine and secure on the rotisserie rod. Cook chicken on indirect high heat until internal temperature reaches between 170 to 180 degrees F. (75 to 80 degrees C.) If the chicken is browning too quickly, reduce heat to medium. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving.
See how to cook a Rotisserie Chicken Step by Step.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||54 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|