Flat-iron steaks are quite flavorful. While they work well for most recipes, they are a truly wonderful addition to tacos. This recipe is simple and is perfecect for week night meals, but are so delicious, they can be served at any get together.
- 2 flat iron steaks
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup/120 mL prepared guacamole
- 1/2 cup/120 mL pico de gallo
- 8 lime wedges for garnish
- For the Marinade:
- 1/2 cup/120 mL oil
- 4 tablespoons lime juice (juice of 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL onion (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL sea salt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL chili powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
Place flat-iron steaks into a resealable plastic bag. Combine marinade ingredients and pour over steaks, making sure every inch of meat is coated well. Gently, release air from bag, seal and place into refrigerator for 2-8 hours.
Preheat grill for high heat.
Remove steaks from bag and discard any leftover marinade. Place steaks onto grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium and cook for another 12-15 minutes, depending on thickness of the meat and desired doneness.
Once cooked, remove steaks from heat and place onto a large cutting board. Let meat rest for a few minutes before carving. Slice meat into thin pieces and place onto a serving platter. Cover platter with foil to keep warm while you get the other ingredients ready.
To assemble: Simply place 3-4 strips of meat into warmed corn tortillas and top with guacamole, pico de gallo, and any other condiments of choice. Serve with seasoned rice, refried beans, and lime wedges.