Flourless chocolate cake is on every "chocoholics" list of favorite desserts. It's a slice of pure chocolate goodness - dense, dark, and decadent. There's only one problem with this flourless chocolate cake recipe - it's so easy, you may end up making it more often than you should!
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a mixing bowl for 2 minutes, or until light and foamy. Put the chocolate and butter in another bowl, and place over a saucepan of simmering water until both are melted. Stir to combine.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture, along with the cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla. Whisk until everything is combined. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan, and dust well with cocoa powder. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated 300 degrees Farenheight. oven for 30 minutes. Remove and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack and allow to cool. May be dusted with additional cocoa powder if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|