Beaten egg whites make these pancakes fluffy. Serve these wonderful pancakes with your favorite syrup and butter.
Related Recipe: Cornmeal Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs (separated)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and soda.
- In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk and milk, egg yolks, and melted butter. Blend into the dry ingredients just until all ingredients are moistened.
- Beat egg whites in another bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold into the batter until well incorporated.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When skillet is hot enough for a drop of water to sizzle, scoop pancake batter onto the skillet in about 1/4-cup portions, spreading slightly. When edges are rather dry and bubbles are popping and bottoms are nicely browned, about 2 to 3 minutes, turn over and cook the other side until browned, about 2 minutes longer.
- Serve hot with butter and syrup.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||33 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|