Minimizing food waste is a step in the right direction we can all take. Whether it's best practices for keeping individual ingredients fresher for longer or the easiest way to store that big pot of chili you made for future dinners, this guide will keep you informed and safe.
Our mission here at The Spruce Eats is help our readers cook nourishing and delicious meals all the time, but especially when things are uncertain. Below you will find a comprehensive list of resources to help you effectively store and preserve your food.
In addition, our homepage will be updated regularly with answers to your questions, as well as recipes that fit the changing grocery and supply circumstances we are all facing. Please do not hesitate to reach out via the community comments section at the end of recipes, or directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5 Food Storage Mistakes to Stop Right Now
- 14 Surprising Foods You Don't Need to Refrigerate
- How to Test Eggs for Freshness
- How Long Should I Keep My Food?
- General Food Spoilage Prevention Guide
- Are the Baking Supplies In Your Cupboard Still Good?
- Does Refrigeration Prevent Bacterial Growth in Food?
- Decoding Expiration, Use-By, Best-By, and Sell-By Dates
- What Is Freezer Burn?
- A List of Essential Canning Supplies
- Canning Safety Tips
- How to Save Story Dehydrated Food
- Is It Safe to Eat a Sprouted Potato?