If you are a fan of the Bloody Caesar, I think you will enjoy this very interesting rendition of the Caesar recipe.
The vodka in the traditional Caesar recipe can get lost amongst all of the flavors and switching out the spirits in both Caesars and Bloody Mary's can create a depth to the cocktail. This drink may be one of the best of those substitutions that I've tried yet because I've honestly never thought of using whiskey as a base.
It actually works very well and this is due not only the smooth adaptability of Forty Creek, but the extra ingredients in this particular recipe that make the whiskey and tomato-clamato combination work so well. The Italian dressing is one of those keys, and since it's not found in most other Caesar recipes, it can easily be overlooked, but we don't recommend that.
Do yourself a favor and follow this recipe exactly as given in the first round. You can always add or subtract to suit your taste. Want it a little hotter? Add more Tabasco. Do you think it needs a bit more savory spice? Add more Worcestershire or the Montreal Steak Sauce (produced by well-known brands such as McCormick). Also, have fun with the garnishes. There are plenty of great ideas, though if you use all of them you may have a hard time finding the glass!
- 2 ounces Forty Creek Whisky
- 2 ounces Motts Clamato Juice
- 2 ounces tomato juice
- 1 dash Tabasco Sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 ounce Italian dressing
- Dash Montreal Steak Spice
- Dash Celery salt
- 1/2 tsp Apricot jam
- Optional garnishes: grilled shrimp or prawn, cheese cubes, hot pepper, BBQ sausage, pepperoni, dill pickle, celery stalk, cucumber, cherry tomato, lime slice
- Using the apricot jam as an adhesive, rim a glass with a 50/50 mixture of Montreal Steak Spice/celery salt combo.
- Fill the glass halfway with ice.
- Add hot sauce, Worcestershire and salad dressing.
- Top with Forty Creek, clamato, and tomato juice.
- Gently stir to mix and garnish with a creative skewer of your choice.
Recipe courtesy: Forty Creek Whisky
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|