Do you want a side of spaghetti with your cheese? If cheese is one of your main food groups, this creamy pasta dish is the perfect dinner for you. Pick your four favorite cheeses and combine them with milk, flour and heavy cream for an indulgent and ultra-satisfying spaghetti dish in 30 minutes flat.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese (you can sub other cheeses too)
- 1/4 cup shredded gruyere cheese (you can sub other cheeses too)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Dash kosher salt (or to taste)
- Dash freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
Cook and drain pasta according to the directions on the box or bag.
In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the flour and whisk. Keep whisking until light brown, about 1-2 minutes. Constant whisking and a lower heat are the keys to not burning the flour.
Gradually whisk in the milk, heavy cream and Italian seasoning. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixed well. Add the cheeses and stir until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. And if your sauce appears to thick, you can add more milk gradually.
Add the pasta. Toss and mix well to coat with the sauce
Serve immediately. This pasta can get dense if you don’t eat it right away. Top with parsley, chives, black pepper and parmesan if you like.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||41 g|
|Saturated Fat||24 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|