|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 24 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
I love all kinds of freeze ahead breakfast recipes, mainly because facing raw ingredients in the morning can be a challenge. There's nothing like pulling your own homemade food from the freezer and popping it in the oven or microwave to have a delicious and hearty breakfast with no work at all.
Use your favorite kind of pork sausage in this easy and convenience recipe. You could also use a mild cheese processed spread in place of the sharp Cheddar version. Or choose whole wheat English muffins in place of the plain ones. You could even add a top to this recipe so, instead of a pizza, you have a sandwich that's easy to eat on the run.
Just remember, whenever you make a change in the recipe, write it down so you can reproduce your masterpiece.
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 (5 ounce) jar sharp Cheddar cheese processed spread
- 1/2 pound spicy pork sausage
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 12 English muffins (split and toasted)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and cheese spread and blend well.
- Crumble the sausage into a large skillet and cook over medium heat together with the onion until the sausage is cooked and the onion is tender. Drain this mixture well on paper towels.
- Mix the cooked sausage mixture with the cheese mixture until blended. Spread this mixture generously on the split side of the toasted muffin halves.
- Place the little pizzas on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Eat right away, if you like.
- Cool the little pizzas you want to freeze and freeze them individually on trays or cookie sheets. When they are completely frozen, wrap well with freezer wrap and place them in heavy duty ziplock freezer bags.
- To prepare the little pizzas from frozen, microwave each pizza for one to two minutes on high power until pizzas are hot and the cheese is melted.