This burger patty recipe borrows from the flavors of French onion soup to create a truly delicious hamburger. This patty works really well with a soft creamy cheese on top. So, give this recipe a try next time you're looking to ramp up your cookout menu.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 2 beef bouillon cubes (smashed and powdered)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark beer
- 6 to 7 slices Brie (or Port Salut Cheese)
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Combine the first 8 ingredients together.
- Form into patties (should make 6-7 patties) and place onto grill.
- Cook for 3 minutes per side.
- During last minute, place cheese on top. Be sure to keep an eye on this since the cheese is very soft.
- Cook patties for additional 1-2 minutes, until the cheese has sufficiently melted.
- Remove from grill, place patty on to a toasted bun and top with condiments of choice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||33 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|