French fruit tarts are popular in Morocco. In this version of Tarte aux Pêches, fresh peach slices are baked with pastry cream (creme patisserie) or almond pastry cream (frangipane) in a sweet pastry shell. An apricot glaze adds sheen and a touch of tartness to the finished dessert.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C).
- Spread the pastry cream (or frangipane) across the bottom of the chilled, unbaked sweet pastry shell.
- Arrange the peach slices in an overlapping pattern over the pastry cream. Sprinkle the sugar over the peaches and dot the top of the fruit with tiny bits of butter.
- Wrap strips of aluminum foil around the edges of the tart pan to protect the crust from burning.
- Bake the tart in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil, and continue baking for another 10 minutes, or until the peaches and crust are nicely colored.
- Remove the tart to a rack to cool.
- While the tart is still warm, heat the apricot jam with the lemon juice until boiling. Use a pastry brush to apply the apricot glaze over the peaches.
- Refrigerate the tart when it has cooled completely.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|