As far as fresh fruit pies go, this French pear pie may just take the cake. With fresh sliced pears, a little lemon juice and some ground ginger, this pie is simple yet delicious. For those who like a little extra crunch and sweetness, the brown sugar crumb topping is the perfect addition.
You can use any pear variety you like, but we love Anjou or Bosc.
- For the Filling and Crust:
- 6 cups fresh sliced pears
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 unbaked pastry shell, 9-inch
- For the Crumb Topping:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Mix sliced pears with lemon juice, sugar, ginger, and flour. Place mixture in pastry-lined pie plate.
- For the topping, cream together the butter and brown sugar; stir in flour.
- Spread topping over pears in the pie shell.
- Bake pie at 375 F for 45 minutes, or until pears are tender and topping is nicely browned.
- Serve warm or cold, with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Other Delicious Pear Recipes to Try
Pears make for delicious fruity desserts and baked goods.
Here are some other sweet pear recipes you'll love:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|