Feel free to add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts to these tasty fresh apricot muffins, or bake with a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar on their tops.
The diced apricots may be replaced with diced peaches, nectarines, or plums. Pluots, which are a cross between an apricot and a plum, may be used as well.
- 1 cup fresh apricots (diced)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (6 3/4 ounces)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- Dash nutmeg (ground)
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- Optional: 1 tablespoon sugar blended with 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Toss chopped apricots and blueberries with lemon juice. Set aside. Grease and flour 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together butter, milk, and egg. Stir milk mixture into the dry ingredients and blend just until moistened. Do not beat.
- Gently fold in the fruit mixture.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling about three-quarters full. If desired, sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 375° for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for about 3 minutes in pan then remove to cool completely. Makes 12 muffins.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|