This easy blueberry cake is made with a yellow cake mix, but feel free to use a lemon cake for more lemon flavor. The cake is moist and delicious. The blueberries give the cake excellent flavor, and they make beautiful polka dots throughout the cake.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola, corn, or safflower oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 lemons (juiced, about 1/4 cup)
- 2 lemons (finely grated zest)
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix with pudding in the mix
- 2 cups freshly cleaned blueberries
Gather the ingredients.
Grease and flour a 10 to 12-cup Bundt cake pan or 10-inch tube cake pan. Heat the oven to 325 F for a dark pan, 350 F for a light-colored pan.
In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until light.
Beat in the oil, sour cream, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Continue beating until smooth.
With the mixer on low speed, slowly blend in the dry cake mix. Turn the mixer to high and beat until well blended.
With a spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the blueberries.
Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
Dust with powdered sugar or serve with a vanilla glaze or lemon sauce.
- If you toss the berries in flour before folding them into the batter, they are less likely to sink.