This is the general method for grilling corn on the cob. Remember not to remove the husks, they will hold in the moisture and keep the corn from burning. However, try to remove all or most of the corn silk before placing onto the grill.
- 4 to 6 corn on the cob with the husks intact
- 1/4 cup/120 mL butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons/30-45 mL herbs of choice (parsley, thyme, tarragon, basil, oregano, dill, etc.)
- DO NOT REMOVE HUSKS.
- Do remove the silk.
- Soak in water for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from water and pull down husks carefully -- DO NOT REMOVE -- and coat with herbal butter (made from adding your favorite fresh herbs to softened butter).
- Put the husks back up covering the corn and tie with a thin piece of husk at the top.
- Place on a heated grill for about 15 minutes, turning often.
- Once corn kernels are tender, remove from heat and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|