Here's a mango cobbler recipe from our forum, made with fresh sliced mango.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups sliced mangos
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan; gradually stir in water and fruit and lemon juice. Heat, stirring well.
- Pour into 1 1/2-quart baking dish; dot with margarine and sprinkle sugar cinnamon mixture over the top.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.Cut in shortening until mixture looks like meal. Stir in milk until well blended.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto the hot fruit.
- Bake in a preheated 375 F oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with ice cream or whipped topping.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Shared by MizSuzi
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|