|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|Total Sugars 20g|
|Vitamin C 31mg||155%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This mango smoothie is super easy to make in a blender. Just peel and dice the mango and add it to the blender with yogurt and crushed ice. The flavors are a nice balance of sweet and tart, similar to a mango lassi, the classic Indian drink.
You can add some milk for a richer smoothie or use low-fat or full-fat yogurt instead of nonfat. Vanilla yogurt will add extra sweetness, but it will also add sugar. You can introduce other flavors this way using fruit yogurts, too.
Adding ice helps make this drink extra cold and refreshing. You can also use frozen mango to make this smoothie—the flavor won't be as fresh, but the texture will be very creamy. It's a nice option if you don't have fresh mango handy.
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
Place the diced mango, yogurt, and ice in a blender.
Blend or process until smooth.
If the smoothie is too thick, add a little milk or water and blend again.
Serve immediately. Enjoy.
- If your blender can't handle the yogurt and mango mixture, add a small amount of milk or water just to get the blades moving. Fruit juice like pineapple or apple juice also works well and adds more flavor.
- Since this smoothie contains ice, it is best consumed right away.
- To prep the fruit, start with a ripe mango. The flesh should give a little when you press it with your fingers. Peel using a sharp knife. Cut around the large pit, turning your knife when you reach a hard spot, then dice up the fruit.
- Excess cut mango can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a day.
- Add a few slices of ripe, frozen banana for extra sweetness and creaminess.
- Add a squeeze of lime for more tart freshness.
- Use coconut milk as the liquid for an extra tropical flavor.
- If you're vegan or dairy free, use non-dairy yogurt.
- Add a little ginger juice or grated fresh ginger for a hit of spice.
What's the best time to drink a smoothie?
Any time of the day is a good time to drink a smoothie. Whether for breakfast, a quick lunch, or before or after a workout, a smoothie fits into your schedule. Just know that if you are considering having one before bedtime, try to keep the sugar intake low, or you will be pumped and ready to go rather than sleep.