This recipe for a simple sweetened fresh peach cobbler is finished with a rolled-out butter and cream top crust. Try it the next time fresh peaches are in season.
- For the Filling:
- 3 cups fresh peaches (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter (cut into small pieces)
- For the Crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1/2 cup (or less) heavy cream
- Lay sliced fresh peaches in a buttered 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of sugar. Dot with the 1/4 cup butter which has been cut into small pieces.
- For the crust, mix together flour, baking powder, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt. Cut in the remaining 1/4 cup butter. Stir in heavy cream until dough is manageable.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface; place over sliced peaches.
- Bake at 375 F for 35 minutes, or until top is nicely browned.
Fresh peach cobbler serves 6.
More Peach Dessert Recipes
Looking for even more ways to use peaches? Give one of these favorite recipes a try.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|