This peach upside-down cake is made from scratch with fresh peaches and an easy, lightly spiced cake batter.
Use a 9-inch square or round cake pan for this delicious upside-down cake. This cake is wonderful served warm with a scoop of ice cream.
- For the Fruit Mixture:
- 3 peaches (peeled, thinly sliced, about 2 cups of slices)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 scant teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- For the Cake:
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (stirred before measuring)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- Heat oven to 325 F. Butter a 9-inch square or round cake pan or spray with baking spray.
- Peel and pit the peaches, slice thinly and toss with the brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 3 tablespoons of melted butter. Arrange the peach mixture in the prepared baking pan.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla extract, and almond flavoring.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk; beat just until blended.
- Spoon the batter evenly over the peach slices; gently spreading to cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Carefully invert the hot cake onto a platter or cake plate; let stand for about 5 minutes. Remove the pan and scrape up any fruit slices clinging to the pan and arrange them over the cake.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|